|Reside in||The Ghost Zone, Underworld|
A ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. However in Grim Tales, ghost are a special species and vary from Spirits. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, lifelike visions. The deliberate attempt to contact the spirit of a deceased person is known as necromancy, or in spiritism as a séance.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Powers that most if not all ghosts posses in some form:
- Flight: The power to defy gravity, and propel themselfs through the air. Flight is one of the most basic powers. Most ghosts (if not all) can fly or float.
- Intangibility: The power to phase through all forms of matter, but not always energy.
- Invisibility: The power that causes the ghost to become completly transparent to all forms of vision.
- Overshadowing: The power to take over another living (or sometimes not living things) body. Can be resisted by strong will power to an extent.
- Ghost Ray: The power shoots an ectoplasmic energy blast that usually comes out of the palm of the ghost's hand. The colour seems to determine its maximum power.
- Paranormal Physical Abilities: Many ghosts posses higher (to the point of superhuman) Strength, Speed, Durability, Agility, Dexterity and Reflexes.
Powers that few ghosts posses, but still posses more than one example:
- Human/Ghost form: The power to change from human to ghost, only half ghosts have this power.
- Ghostly Wail: Proven to be one of the most powerful and rarest Ghost powers. It allows the ghost to generate great sonic waves of ectoplasm energy which destroys what ever it hits and more. Only two ghosts have been comfirmed to posses it: Danny and his future self, Dan Phantom (The Ultimate Enemy), although there is one over ghost who many posses it.
- Duplication: The ability for a ghost to make exact copies of themself, each possessing their personality and powers.
- Teleportation: The power to move from place to place by thought.
- Cryokinesis: The power for ghosts to fire or radiate intense cold, it can also be used to detect ghosts.
- Transformation: The power for a ghost to change its appearance, form or even characteristics.
- Telekinesis: Arguably the most powerful power, the power that allows ghosts to make objects move, float or break at will, can be restricted to certain objects.
- Size Changing: Very powerful ghosts can make themselves bigger and smaller, several examples are: Vortex, Nocturne, Pariah Dark and Undergrowth.
- Creation of Ghost Portals: A very rare power, that allows ghosts to personally create portals between Earth and The Ghost Zone at will. The only to ghosts who posses this power, are Dan Phantom and Wulf.
- Ghost Shield: Some ghost can create a shield round themselves out of Ectoplasm Energy.
- Ghost Stinger: The power to zap a being or object that the ghost is hold/touching/connected to something else that the energy can run through with ectoplasm Energy.
- Pyrokinesis: The power to create fire and burn things, all ghosts who uses this power use blue fire.
(† = confirmed death)
|Clockwork||Ghost of Time||†Active|
|Dan Phantom||Human-Ghost, Evil Danny Phantom||Active|
|Walker||Warden of the Ghost Zone||Active|
|Eltros Walker||Warden of the Ghost Zone||Active|
|Nicolai Technus||Ghost of Tech||Captured|
|Zero||Jack Skellington's pet||Active|
A Human-Ghost, sometimes called "Half-Ghost" or a "Halfa" is a hybrid between Human and Ghost, with the ability to change from human to ghost, and from ghost to human, and use almost every ghost power there is.
Though the first human-ghost we see in the series is Danny Phantom, the main character in Danny Phantom, he is not the first one that ever existed. The first Human-Ghost was Vlad Plasmius, who was standing in front of the first Ghost Portal created by Jack Fenton in the college, and accidently get hit by an ecto-energy blast that it shot, thus giving him a disease known as the Ecto-Acne and his ghost powers as well, becoming this way in the first human-ghost that ever existed. Twenty years later, Danny had a very similar accident with his parents new Ghost Portal, and thus getting his ghost powers (becoming a Human-Ghost), but without the ecto-acne.
One of the main characteristics of the Human-Ghosts is that they can change from human to ghost whenever they want, though when they lack of experience they tend to return to their human form by accident, like Danny did in his first fights. They can freely use almost all of their powers when being humans, but in order to use them all of them in their full potential they must become completely ghost, by doing something called "Going Ghost". This way they can fight against other ghost, human-ghost or human (ghost hunter) when it’s necessary.
The Human-Ghosts can be almost as powerful as and even more powerful than a normal ghost, and they can have pretty much all their powers, and use their human side as an advantage like passing through a Ghost-Shield that only human can pass. They also seem to have certain immunity to several ghostly effects, like Ember’s music that wasn’t able to control Danny due to his half-ghost nature. Unfortunately they also vulnerable to some other ghost weaknesses like the Blood Blossoms or the Ecto-ranium , they also are vulnerable to the mind control of a ghostly artifact like Freakshow’s Crystal ball staff, though this one wasn’t that effective in Danny like it was in the other ghost.